POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : functions in povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:37 EDT (-0400)
  functions in povray (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Eitan Tal
Subject: functions in povray
Date: 24 Sep 1999 17:39:03
Message: <37EBEF1F.3B11DF7E@netvision.net.il>
lets say I want to make a 3-d parabula (y = x^2)
or any function i can think about
what do I do?

plus, if I make a parabula (a = 1 b = 0 c = 0) , the focus point is
<1,1,1>

will the light be extremely powerfull at that point as it is on reality?

Post a reply to this message

> lets say I want to make a 3-d parabula (y = x^2)
> or any function i can think about
> what do I do?
>
> plus, if I make a parabula (a = 1 b = 0 c = 0) , the focus point is
> <1,1,1>
>
> will the light be extremely powerfull at that point as it is on reality?

The official version of POV-Ray is not capable of directly handling these
types of operations.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: