POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : functions in povray : Re: functions in povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: functions in povray
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Sep 1999 19:45:22
Message: <37EC0D73.FB8F6569@compuserve.com>
You would need to use the isosurface patch(included in the
Superpatch) to make the parabola directly as an object, I think. It
might be possible with the poly/quartic/quadric family of objects, but I
have never figured out how to use them.
    As for the focusing of the light, you would need UVPov for that. It
has a feature called photon mapping, which allows it to simulate the
refraction of light more completely than the official version(where
refractive objects only distort the image of things seen through them).
    As far as I know, the next version of the Superpatch will
incorporate most of UVPov, so you can use both of the patches together
in a scene.