POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : REQ: Rendering Problem Advice Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  REQ: Rendering Problem Advice (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Steve
Subject: REQ: Rendering Problem Advice
Date: 22 Jul 1999 11:50:35
Message: <37973F3E.DBAE41F5@puzzlecraft.com>
I'm having a problem rendering a scene and wondered if anyone knows
what's happening.

The scene includes several complex objects and a font.

The scene renders just fine, complex objects, fonts, everything, until
it finishes with the font. Then it reverts to low resolution and renders
to the end of the complex objects, at which point it starts rendering in
high resolution again.

Any ideas what's wrong?

I'd post the source but it's several thousand lines long.

thanks,

steve

Post a reply to this message

By a font, do you mean it contains a text object?
And what do you mean by "it reverts to low resolution"?

Do the render settings affect it at all? Anti-aliasing, image size,
jitter, etc.

Post a reply to this message

Steve <ste### [at] puzzlecraftcom> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem rendering a scene and wondered if anyone knows
> what's happening.
>
> The scene includes several complex objects and a font.
>
> The scene renders just fine, complex objects, fonts, everything, until
> it finishes with the font. Then it reverts to low resolution and renders
> to the end of the complex objects, at which point it starts rendering in
> high resolution again.
>
> Any ideas what's wrong?
>
> I'd post the source but it's several thousand lines long.

well, find out what causes it by removing one object at a time until you
don't get the problem anymore. then post that object here.

/Anders

Post a reply to this message

The problem is within one of the complex objects itself. Apparantly I have
created something strange using nested #while loops. Zooming in on the
trouble spot shows POV doing its job, it's my code that's creating the lo-res
artefact. I have actually created a moire pattern with the 2 loops whose
frequency looks like low resolution jaggies until it's enlarged 8x.

Thanks!

steve