POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Is there a way Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Is there a way (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Subject: Is there a way
Date: 17 Sep 2000 14:40:04
Message: <39c51004@news.povray.org>
Is there a way of  doing

    x (+ or -) y ?

Mick

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: Is there a way
Date: 17 Sep 2000 15:17:57
Message: <39C50ABB.A59A52A0@peak.edu.ee>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> Is there a way of  doing
>
>     x (+ or -) y ?

Could you be a bit more specific as to what scenario you have in mind?
Conditionals? Isosurfaces? Loop counters? ...?

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee

From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 17 Sep 2000 16:56:56
Message: <39c53018@news.povray.org>
I want to translate an object. I often come across the situation where I
want to randomly add a increment to a translation either side of zero. ie
translate x* (+or - increment) usually in a loop.

I've used mod to alternate either side of zero but I'd like it to be random.

Hope that makes sense

Mick

"Margus Ramst" <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message
> Mick Hazelgrove wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way of  doing
> >
> >     x (+ or -) y ?
> >

> Could you be a bit more specific as to what scenario you have in mind?
> Conditionals? Isosurfaces? Loop counters? ...?
>
> --
> Margus Ramst
>
> Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
> TAG (Team Assistance Group) e-mail: mar### [at] tagpovrayorg

Post a reply to this message