POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Is there a way : Posting to the right group (Was: Is there a way) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:16 EDT (-0400)
  Posting to the right group (Was: Is there a way)
From: Warp
Date: 18 Sep 2000 05:23:46
Message: <39c5df22@news.povray.org>
I wouldn't want to fall into elitism nor want people thinking that I'm
arrogant or anything.
  However, I would like people to think whether a question belongs to
povray.newusers or to povray.advanced-users before posting.
  Of course it doesn't make much harm if a question goes to the wrong group
sometimes, but still it would be nicer if the articles were in their
respective groups.

  Of course here comes the elitism: What kind of questions can be posted
to p.a-u what cannot?
  Well, this is a free place and anyone can ask whatever they wish wherever
they want, and I'm not the one who decides whether a post is in the wrong
place or not. I'm not a server moderator or anything similar, and I don't
want to be one (although some may think otherwise...). I'm just a regular
user, as anyone else. I'm just expressing my opinion.
  Well, my personal opinion is that an extremely basic math question such
as "how do I get numbers from x-y to x+y?" is more suitable to the
povray.newusers group.
  A math question that belongs to p.a-u could be, for example, "how do I
make a fourier transform with povray code?".
  Others may have a differing point of view, and they are welcome.