POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity reading in rca files what happens : Re: Radiosity reading in rca files what happens Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity reading in rca files what happens
From: Phil Cook
Date: 21 Jan 2005 05:14:16
Message: <opskx6qcnmc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:48:01 -0500, Slime <fak### [at] emailaddress> did
spake, saying:

>> > I did do a load_file with a +srX and then join the two images together
>> > would that be equivalent to +c* if I had to switch it to another
> computer
>> > for some reason?
>>
>>   I have no idea. There might be something different if you do it that
>> way that might cause a visible line, but I have absolutely no experience
>> on this.
>
> Of course, you could just bring the partially rendered output image and
> the
> temporary radiosity data along with the source code to the other
> computer,
> and then you could use +C and avoid worrying about doing a partial
> render.

Well now I know, as I attempted to restart this without asking (that'll
teach me) +c is not an option and +srX does produce a line, shoot! Ah well
take two.

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.