POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Will there be a new Version of Moray? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:48:15 EDT (-0400)
  Will there be a new Version of Moray? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Jens Kleen
Subject: Will there be a new Version of Moray?
Date: 6 Apr 2006 06:05:37
Message: <Xns979D7B5314DFDJKleenwebde@203.29.75.35>
Hello

I worked with Moray several years ago. I started with
the DOS Version than i worked with the Windows Version.

Last time i bought a license was with 3.4 i think.

Now it is "only" 3.5...

And i heard there are some problems with Povray 3.6...

Do you think there will be a update in the future?

Thanks

Jens

Post a reply to this message

> I worked with Moray several years ago. I started with
> the DOS Version than i worked with the Windows Version.
>
> Last time i bought a license was with 3.4 i think.
>
> Now it is "only" 3.5...
>
> And i heard there are some problems with Povray 3.6...
>
> Do you think there will be a update in the future?

We live in hope :-)
The developer has retreated into RL. He was working on enhancing the mesh
editing capacity of Moray. But I think that even that has slowed to a stop.

PovRay 3.6 is. IIRC, that starting and stopping PovRay 3.6 is unpredictable.

created Pov files on PovRay 3.6. So I still use PovRay 3.5.

Post a reply to this message

"Stephen" <mca### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in

> Jens Kleen <jkl### [at] webde> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I worked with Moray several years ago. I started with
>> the DOS Version than i worked with the Windows Version.
>>
>> Last time i bought a license was with 3.4 i think.
>>
>> Now it is "only" 3.5...
>>
>> And i heard there are some problems with Povray 3.6...
>>
>> Do you think there will be a update in the future?
>>
> We live in hope :-)
> The developer has retreated into RL. He was working on enhancing the
> mesh editing capacity of Moray. But I think that even that has slowed
> to a stop.
>

> properly with PovRay 3.6 is. IIRC, that starting and stopping PovRay

> Moray and PovRay 3.5) created Pov files on PovRay 3.6. So I still use
> PovRay 3.5.

Thanks for your answere. I "loved" Moray. But as far as i see, Moray
has no big future. What about making Moray Open Source? I think there
are enough developers out there that would like to work on Moray.

Just an idea.

Jens

Post a reply to this message