POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Linux? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Linux? (Message 14 to 23 of 33)
From: Julian
Subject: Re: MORAY for Linux.
Date: 16 Apr 1998 06:58:31
Message: <3535E457.3FDCAD7A@tig.com.au>
I fully understand what you a saying, in a roundabout way :)
Linux Proves and and proves time and again that free is not crap..not
substandard to "commercial products" but can be just as good if not
superior, but its developement and of its products must be approached in
a different way i.e a collaborative via GPL way. :)

Look at Blender!! is free! company is obviously making a comfortable
income..says "hey what the hell, lets give it away!"
but not all SW companys can do this. so we are lucky.
If the likes of bill gates got their greedy little hands on it you could
expect "hey lets make lotsa $$$$ on this..and hey we hardly even spend a
DIME on its developement..Muahhahaha" :)
All that aside, Moray is great!!

Post a reply to this message