POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Linux? : Re: MORAY for Linux. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MORAY for Linux.
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 18 Apr 1998 00:59:46
Message: <6h9c4j$bgr$1@oz.aussie.org>
I wasn't going to jump into this thread, because it is not on the subject of
Moray, but I couldn't help it.

Julian wrote in message <3535E457.3FDCAD7A@tig.com.au>...
[snip]
>If the likes of bill gates got their greedy little hands on it you could
[snip]

I'm just sick of people bashing Bill Gates.  Sure... he may be greedy, but
having never met him, I don't know.  If you think that all rich people are
greedy, you are mistaken.  Bill gets his salary because free people in a
free society are willing to buy his product.  He gets the vast majority of
his wealth because free people in a free society are willing to buy stock in
his company... he doesn't set the price of MS stock, others do.  The only
way to get rid of the rich is to get rid of freedom.

Eric

--------------------------------
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to
live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral
busybodies.  The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes
sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those
who torment us for our own good will torment us without end
for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
                                 * C. S. Lewis (1898-1963)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/2354/
http://www.datasync.com/~reba/