POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Linux? : Re: MORAY for Linux. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MORAY for Linux.
From: Twyst
Date: 20 Apr 1998 19:37:12
Message: <6hgiv3$4ku$1@oz.aussie.org>
Anthony Bouttell wrote in message <353b1729.37592915@news.povray.org>...
>Can we please dipense with the histrionics people. If you want to
>froth at the mouth at the unfairness of whatever socio-poloitical
>system you are part of go to alt.whatever.

Uhmm...
Where did you get THAT? Jeff simply explained simple economics. I saw no
"Frothing at the mouth" or "histrionics". Especially nothing about
socio-political systems. Not intending to flame here, but really, sometimes
it helps to understand what has been written,  instead of taking exception
to what they appeared to say.
As well, it also helps to add something to the discussion, instead of
telling people "Go elsewhere, because _I_ don't agree with what you say."

As a wise man said ( I forget who said it, actually.. ) "I may not agree
with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it."

Personally, I tend to agree with Jeff. There's no money to be made by
porting a program, that you have invested many man-hours into, to a OS where
everything is expected to be free. It's like saying "Oh, i COULD make money
off it, but I don't feel like it." Admittedly, the Blender people DID
release their in-house animation/modelling system for free, but then, they
also make their money off of OTHER products. As far as I know, SoftTronics
only makes one product, that being Moray.

EFnet and NewNet #povray Channel Operator
Website: http://planet1.v-wave.com/twyst
E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom