POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Xmas Tree (Moray Tribute) Server Time
18 May 2024 14:45:53 EDT (-0400)
  Xmas Tree (Moray Tribute) (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Xmas Tree (Moray Tribute)
Date: 21 Dec 2003 07:43:44
Message: <3fe59580@news.povray.org>
I uploaded an image, to moray.binaries, of the top portion of the Christmas
tree for the Moray tribute, decorated with the ornaments created by Stephen
McAvoy, Thomas DeGroot, Marc Jacquier , Txemi Jendrix, and myself. The glass
medallions did not show up well, so I put the larger images at the bottom.
They are, from left to right, Steve Shelby, Marc Jacquier, Thomas DeGroot,
and Txemi Jendrix.
The Tree itself causes Moray to slow down so much that it was almost
impossible to work with. We had an entire scene planned, a room with a
fireplace, furniture, food, beverages, gifts, etc. This scene could still be
put together, but not with the tree in it.
Merry Christmas everyone,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 07:43:41 -0500, "Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote:

>The Tree itself causes Moray to slow down so much that it was almost
>impossible to work with

Just a suggestion, once you have placed the decorations make the tree hidden.
This should speed things up. (Hint from Thomas) other than that I think it looks
great except for the texture on the fairy, too reflective for my taste. Do you
want me to modify it ?

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message