POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : loosing textures Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:32:31 EDT (-0400)
  loosing textures (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bill Paulson
Subject: loosing textures
Date: 20 Oct 2002 21:22:00
Message: <3db356b8@news.povray.org>
POV Commnunity:

I may be missing something, but this is what is frustrating me:
I created a bezier patch, after editing,  I give it a simple grass texture,
I select the texture and resize, rotate, etc., I then copy and paste this
object, rotate it 180 degrees and than change the texture on the copied
object to a simple stone texture, than when I select the texture it is not
where it was.  If I change it back to grass texture, it returns so I can
edit size, rotate, etc., but again once I change to stone texture and I
select texture I can't find it on the screen. I have tried all three space
positions (Local, Parent, World),  the stone texture is getting rendered (it
doesn't look right), but I can not view it on screen to edit it with my
mouse. I can type in changes but since I can't see the texture I have to
keep rendering to see what is changing.  And this is Frustrating.  Any
comments / suggestions would be appreciated.  My thoughts are maybe I've
done something wrong with grouping or parenting.

Thank you very much for your time
Bill Paulson
Pau### [at] hotmailcom

Post a reply to this message