POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Too many objects? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:10:02 EDT (-0400)
  Too many objects? (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Too many objects?
Date: 13 Feb 2002 22:41:08
Message: <3c6b31d4$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I have been working on an IK snake, and have developed an incredibly
realistic looking snake body (see my posted file, snakesample.bmp, in
moray.binaries). The problem is that apparently it has too many objects
(each scale is a bezier patch). The part pictured is about half of it, an it
has no head yet, and it takes about 15 minutes to render. I made the middle
and tail in three sections, and when I put them together, Moray shuts down.
So, to render the entire snake appears to be an impossibility, let alone
making an animation, which was what I set out to do.
I just downloaded hamaPatch to see what I can do with it. If I could make
each ring of scales as a single patch, reducing the number of objects to
1/15 of what it is now, would that make a difference?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a very strong desire to solve
this problem.
Thank you,
Steve shelby

Post a reply to this message