POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Beginner questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Beginner questions (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Andrew Hutchinson
Subject: Beginner questions
Date: 4 Mar 2001 19:15:51
Message: <3AA2DAA5.8B5F3901@spamlesshome.com>
I have just started using Povray and  Moray. What fun!

I have a couple of questions and one minor problem.

I had to construct simple triangular slab. I was surprised to see no
direct way of doing this.  I used CSG difference and chopped corners off
a square. I could have used spline. Is there any advantage either way?
Assuming I'm not bevelling etc.

Another model required a helix (coil). I could not figure out a way to
do this in Moray. I used a separate prog (helixr) and imported. Did I
miss something?

Finally, I used rounded cube plug to form plinth. The 3D view (in GL)
makes it too thick and my object sink up to their ankles. All the other
views are correct and render is fine.

Post a reply to this message