POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Beginner questions : Re: Beginner questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beginner questions
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 4 Mar 2001 20:53:58
Message: <3aa2f1b6$1@news.povray.org>
> I had to construct simple triangular slab. I was surprised to see no
> direct way of doing this.  I used CSG difference and chopped corners off
> a square. I could have used spline. Is there any advantage either way?
> Assuming I'm not bevelling etc.

i would have used a height field, that way you can bevel by smoothing the
edges of the hf file, but tahts just me :)

> Another model required a helix (coil). I could not figure out a way to
> do this in Moray. I used a separate prog (helixr) and imported. Did I
> miss something?

nope, there is a moray plugin for splin objects, but the seperate app you
mention does the job fine (what i use for such things anyhow)

--
Rick

POV-Ray News & Resources - http://povray.co.uk
Kitty5 WebDesign - http://kitty5.com
Hi-Impact web site design & database driven e-commerce
TEL : +44 (01625) 266358 - FAX : +44 (01625) 611913 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key