POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Cris Williams
Subject: Re: My 1st Image - In Progress (66kb)
Date: 12 Oct 2000 15:25:40
Message: <39E6102B.37A3CA04@netscape.net>
I was unclear about just what lettering I plan to place around the logo.  :-(

I will be placing the words "Wright Brothers District" around the outside.  If I
end up having to do this individually leter-by-letter, then something like an
orbit function would come in handy!  Is this available in Moray, or is it only
available in Povray?

And yes, it made sense.  :-)

Jamie Davison wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:41:13 -0400, Cris Williams wrote...
> > I have attached my first attempt at raytracing and would appreciate any
> > suggestions that you might have.  It's not finished yet as there are a few
> > obvious fixes to make.  I need to move the ends of the red, white and blue
> > rings back so they aren't so close to the big "WBD" and I need to adjust the
> > MVC and BSA lettering on the bottom.  I will also be adding some lettering
> > around the outside of the logo once I figure out how.  :-)
>
> I was thinking about the lettering thing, and rather than creating each
> group of three letters as a string, try creating one placeholder letter,
> and using Edit->Duplicate and the orbit and rotate options to get the
> lettering truly concentric.
>
> I don't think that made much sense, did it?  <sigh> I know what I mean,
> and I could do it in about 5 minutes (time for fiddling and tweaking of
> settings.).  The only drawback could be that it may render slower for
> using 6 text objects rather than 2 (I could be wrong about that though)
>
> (Oh, and Followup set to moray.win)
>
> > This logo will be replacing a logo I did in PSP 6.  The old logo can be seen
> > at www.wbd-bsa.org.  I would like to make the new logo as realistic as
> > possible.  The scene was modeled in Moray except for the beveled "WBD",
> > which was done using Elefont and then imported into Moray as a UDO.  I am
> > using 6 point lights to illuminate the scene, but only I have only 2 of them
> > casting shadows because otherwise the "casting" texture on the logo gets
> > completely washed out.  Please be brutally honest with your opinions and
> > suggestions - you won't hurt my feelings!
>
> Well, since I do my mail offline, I haven't had a chance to look at the
> site you mentioned, but I like it, it's simple and clean.  And I like
> simple and clean :)
>
> Bye for now,
>      Jamie.

Post a reply to this message