POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray site had a slight update Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  moray site had a slight update (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: moray site had a slight update
Date: 10 Oct 2000 05:36:19
Message: <npo5usckjm6se05ifu132nr72kvm8e550t@4ax.com>
Hi ryan constantine, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> i didn't send you more than one copy of r2d2 did i lutz?
Not for V3.2.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: ryan constantine
Date: 16 Oct 2000 10:04:44
Message: <39EB0B27.35075268@yahoo.com>
sorry for the long wait for a response from me.  i've been really busy.
i just checked the r2d2 zip you have and i could render it no problem.
however, when i ran the check scene thingy, i did confirm that the same
group of objects had no texture.  to fix this, find the 'connector' and
give it a texture of r2d2mainwhite.  it should be two parent levels
above cube 535.  do you have a default texture?  i thought that if
something wasn't textured it should be assigned the default texture.  if
after you have made this change it still doesn't render, write back with
as much detail as you can as i don't think it's my model's fault.

Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi ryan constantine, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > i didn't send you more than one copy of r2d2 did i lutz?
> Not for V3.2.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

Hi ryan constantine, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> i just checked the r2d2 zip you have and i could render it no problem.
You probably have the "Check that objects have texture" checkbox
unchecked in View|Configuration, right?

> however, when i ran the check scene thingy, i did confirm that the same
> group of objects had no texture.
Yes, this is the same function that is also called when you have that
checkbox enabled.

> to fix this, find the 'connector' and give it a texture of
> r2d2mainwhite.  it should be two parent levels above cube 535.
At the moment, I don't have the time to do this. Maybe later.

> do you have a default texture?
Yes, it's bright red.

> i thought that if something wasn't textured it should be assigned
> the default texture.
No, there is no default texture that Moray handles. I have one setup
in my MorayPOV.INC file (red). If you do not have this setup, POV-Rays
default texture will be used (black).

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray