POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray site had a slight update : Re: moray site had a slight update Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moray site had a slight update
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 16 Oct 2000 10:21:30
Message: <rj3muscshj95phe3ulbrul78mqr678knid@4ax.com>
Hi ryan constantine, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> i just checked the r2d2 zip you have and i could render it no problem.
You probably have the "Check that objects have texture" checkbox
unchecked in View|Configuration, right?

> however, when i ran the check scene thingy, i did confirm that the same
> group of objects had no texture.
Yes, this is the same function that is also called when you have that
checkbox enabled.

> to fix this, find the 'connector' and give it a texture of
> r2d2mainwhite.  it should be two parent levels above cube 535.
At the moment, I don't have the time to do this. Maybe later.

> do you have a default texture?
Yes, it's bright red.

> i thought that if something wasn't textured it should be assigned
> the default texture.
No, there is no default texture that Moray handles. I have one setup
in my MorayPOV.INC file (red). If you do not have this setup, POV-Rays
default texture will be used (black).

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray