POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation Plug-In - Textures? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Animation Plug-In - Textures? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: How Camp
Subject: Animation Plug-In - Textures?
Date: 12 Jun 2000 12:42:00
Message: <394512d8@news.povray.org>
Being relatively new to the Animation Plug-In, I'm looking for some
information:

Is it possible to animate textures?  For example, changing the phase
variable for water motion, or replacing a color in a colormap?  How about
switching textures on an object partway through the animation?

Otherwise, it looks as if the plug-in will only allow you to translate,
rotate, and scale an object, and textures cannot be altered.  The obvious
workaround would be to define a new texture on a copy of an object, I
suppose, and translate it into place at the appropriate time.  But for water
animation, this would not be feasable.

Hopefully, I'm missing something?

- How

Post a reply to this message