POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation Plug-In - Textures? : Re: Animation Plug-In - Textures? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Plug-In - Textures?
From: How Camp
Date: 13 Jun 2000 10:38:14
Message: <39464756$1@news.povray.org>
Alexander Enzmann <xan### [at] mitreorg> wrote in message

> A specific list of what can be animated in textures is in the docs:

Blast!  After years of lurking, I've been able to answer all of my questions
simply by reading the docs, or looking at the FAQs.  Now, the one time I
post a question... it's in the docs.  Sorry about that.

> So, if the "phase" you are refering to is part of a noise modifier, you
> can key it.  Note that you need to provide a name to anything you want
> to key.

Yes, phase is a noise modifier, just like frequency, etc.

> Named textures can be keyframed.  Not everything is in place that I
> would like to get done, for example it would be nice to key some of the
> values in color maps.  Just takes time.

Understood.  Thanks for your help - and thanks for a great plug-in!

- How