POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Skin? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Skin? (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Skin?
Date: 9 May 2000 04:37:43
Message: <3917ce57@news.povray.org>
You should seriously consider using a fixed-width font when writing
(and of course reading) articles. Your ascii-art is pretty messed up.

From: Dean MacIsaac
Date: 9 May 2000 14:53:33
Message: <39185ead$1@news.povray.org>
> First, I'll assume by "skin" you mean a texture, not a skin-like
> object (for example a bezier patch stretched between them).

I mean a texture that stretched between two seperate items (objects)

(without ansi art) an example...

 I have two spheres 10 units away from each other, not touching.  Can I use
a texture to make them into a solid capsule?  or hotdog maybe?

again I apologize for the previous mess

Dean

Post a reply to this message

>   You should seriously consider using a fixed-width font when writing
> (and of course reading) articles. Your ascii-art is pretty messed up.

the joys of using OE5 in html mode or rtf whatever.

Sorry again

me

Post a reply to this message

> > First, I'll assume by "skin" you mean a texture, not a skin-like
> > object (for example a bezier patch stretched between them).
>
> I mean a texture that stretched between two seperate items (objects)

This is not possible. Textures can only be applied to object not to
open space.

>  I have two spheres 10 units away from each other, not touching.  Can I use
> a texture to make them into a solid capsule?  or hotdog maybe?

The easiest way to do this is to simply connect the two spheres with
a cylinder object who's end points stop at the location of the two
spheres and then apply your texture to all three objects. Read the
instructions on making groups using CSG specifically a UNION.