POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Skin? : Re: Skin? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skin?
From: Ken
Date: 9 May 2000 17:02:30
Message: <39187C5F.D26D037E@pacbell.net>
Dean MacIsaac wrote:

> > First, I'll assume by "skin" you mean a texture, not a skin-like
> > object (for example a bezier patch stretched between them).
>
> I mean a texture that stretched between two seperate items (objects)

This is not possible. Textures can only be applied to object not to
open space.

>  I have two spheres 10 units away from each other, not touching.  Can I use
> a texture to make them into a solid capsule?  or hotdog maybe?

The easiest way to do this is to simply connect the two spheres with
a cylinder object who's end points stop at the location of the two
spheres and then apply your texture to all three objects. Read the
instructions on making groups using CSG specifically a UNION.