POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation question of my own Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Animation question of my own (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Dennis McDaniel
Subject: Animation question of my own
Date: 7 Mar 2000 19:33:08
Message: <38C5A001.CB708B28@inreach.com>
I have just began messing with IK in Moray and have generated a simple
bipedal figure (far too simple to be considered "human").  However, I
seem to be having problems getting cubic  IK transitions between keys.
No matter what I try, all of my keys operate as steps.  Am I a total
gimp, or is this an issue with the animation plugin?

Dennis McDaniel

Post a reply to this message

Try setting the entire thing (select the whole model) first and by applying a
keyframe with the type (cubic) you want for the first frame.  From there on it's
supposed to be alright as I understand it, however I've still had trouble with
it.
Take a look some older posts here by Alexander Enzmann (the author) if you can.
Should be about 3+ weeks ago or so.

Bob

"Dennis McDaniel" <den### [at] inreachcom> wrote in message
| I have just began messing with IK in Moray and have generated a simple
| bipedal figure (far too simple to be considered "human").  However, I
| seem to be having problems getting cubic  IK transitions between keys.
| No matter what I try, all of my keys operate as steps.  Am I a total
| gimp, or is this an issue with the animation plugin?
|
| Dennis McDaniel

Post a reply to this message

Thanks, Bob.  That seems to have done the trick.  BTW, sorry about the grammatical
brain fade in my previous post (e.g. "I have just began").  I wouldn't want to
insult what I consider to be one of the most intellectually stimulating (not to
mention helpful) groups on the 'net.  What I meant to say of course was, "I have
just begunned."

Keep tracin'

Bob Hughes wrote:

> Try setting the entire thing (select the whole model) first and by applying a
> keyframe with the type (cubic) you want for the first frame.  From there on it's
> supposed to be alright as I understand it, however I've still had trouble with
> it.
> Take a look some older posts here by Alexander Enzmann (the author) if you can.
> Should be about 3+ weeks ago or so.
>
> Bob
>
> "Dennis McDaniel" <den### [at] inreachcom> wrote in message
> | I have just began messing with IK in Moray and have generated a simple
> | bipedal figure (far too simple to be considered "human").  However, I
> | seem to be having problems getting cubic  IK transitions between keys.
> | No matter what I try, all of my keys operate as steps.  Am I a total
> | gimp, or is this an issue with the animation plugin?
> |
> | Dennis McDaniel

Post a reply to this message