POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Scene render problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Scene render problem (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Johannes Riechart
Subject: Scene render problem
Date: 16 May 1999 17:01:55
Message: <373F242A.5D59A9A6@pcsrock.com>
Greetings,

I'm a new user to Moray, and I have encountered a problem:

I have used Rhino to model a fairly complex scene.  I exported to .udo
format, producing a 224 meg include file (!).  After some brief fiddling
with the light sources and camera angle, I applied a wood material to
the entire .udo and performed a few test renders to fine tune the
camera.  Then I began to texture the scene, using a couple of Moray's
library textures, but mostly editing my own, with image and bump maps,
etc.  Everything looked good until render time, when POV died with the
following message:

     //   $MRY$:  'floor'

     #declare floor  <----ERROR

     destroy.inc:238:  error:  undeclared identifier expected but float
function 'floor' found instead

     Returned from rendered (non-zero return value)

Obviously floor is the name of one of my custom textures and destroy is
the name of the Moray .mdl.  I went in and looked at the destroy.inc,
and the floor entry doesnt really look any different than any of the
others.

I'm using the most recent version of both Moray and POV.

What in the name of polluted pixels am I doing wrong??

Thanks,

J R

Post a reply to this message

If you have spaces in your texture or object names, take them out and make
it all one word.  I've had this problem before.

-Ian

Johannes Riechart <ant### [at] pcsrockcom> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I'm a new user to Moray, and I have encountered a problem:
>
> I have used Rhino to model a fairly complex scene.  I exported to .udo
> format, producing a 224 meg include file (!).  After some brief fiddling
> with the light sources and camera angle, I applied a wood material to
> the entire .udo and performed a few test renders to fine tune the
> camera.  Then I began to texture the scene, using a couple of Moray's
> library textures, but mostly editing my own, with image and bump maps,
> etc.  Everything looked good until render time, when POV died with the
> following message:
>
>      //   $MRY$:  'floor'
>
>      #declare floor  <----ERROR
>
>      destroy.inc:238:  error:  undeclared identifier expected but float
> function 'floor' found instead
>
>      Returned from rendered (non-zero return value)
>

> Obviously floor is the name of one of my custom textures and destroy is
> the name of the Moray .mdl.  I went in and looked at the destroy.inc,
> and the floor entry doesnt really look any different than any of the
> others.
>
> I'm using the most recent version of both Moray and POV.
>
> What in the name of polluted pixels am I doing wrong??
>
> Thanks,
>
> J R

Post a reply to this message

I went and double checked the texture and object names to be sure... that's
not the problem.

Any other guesses?

Thanks

J R

Ian Burgmyer wrote:

> If you have spaces in your texture or object names, take them out and make
> it all one word.  I've had this problem before.
>
> -Ian

Post a reply to this message

Now this is a huge guess, but maybe the file didn't export properly.  If you
would, send me the POV file (it's in "Program Files\Moray for
Windows\PovScn\") and I may be able to see the problem.

-Ian

> Ian,
>
> I went and double checked the texture and object names to be sure...
that's
> not the problem.
>
> Any other guesses?
>
> Thanks
>
> J R
>

> Ian Burgmyer wrote:
>
> > If you have spaces in your texture or object names, take them out and
make
> > it all one word.  I've had this problem before.
> >
> > -Ian

Post a reply to this message

> Now this is a huge guess, but maybe the file didn't export properly.  If you
> would, send me the POV file (it's in "Program Files\Moray for
> Windows\PovScn\") and I may be able to see the problem.
>
> -Ian
>

> > Ian,
> >
> > I went and double checked the texture and object names to be sure...
> that's
> > not the problem.
> >
> > Any other guesses?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > J R
> >

> > Ian Burgmyer wrote:
> >
> > > If you have spaces in your texture or object names, take them out and
> make
> > > it all one word.  I've had this problem before.
> > >
> > > -Ian

Post a reply to this message