POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : CSGed alcove...how? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  CSGed alcove...how? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Alex Magidow
Subject: CSGed alcove...how?
Date: 2 Apr 1999 19:48:10
Message: <3705652D.F429B428@mninter.net>
I have a cathedral scene, and I need to put a big,
cylidrical(basically...it'll be more complex later) alcove in the far
end of it. The problem is, the entire cathedral is in one big box...and
I don't know how to cut the end of the box off, so as to attach such an
alcove. I tried a CSG difference, but it indented instead of cut from.

Any suggestions? I'll post the MDL on moray.bin.binaries under
Cathedral.

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!

Post a reply to this message

However, I tried using a merge between a sphere and a cylinder, and it
didn't work because I could line it up using the wireframes. The sphere
wirefram appears to be inadaquated- I can't tell where the radius extends
to. Lutz- Is it possible to patch this, or to re-write the sphere code in
another distribution? This is a rather annoying little bug.

Alex Magidow wrote:

> I have a cathedral scene, and I need to put a big,
> cylidrical(basically...it'll be more complex later) alcove in the far
> end of it. The problem is, the entire cathedral is in one big box...and
> I don't know how to cut the end of the box off, so as to attach such an
> alcove. I tried a CSG difference, but it indented instead of cut from.
>
> Any suggestions? I'll post the MDL on moray.bin.binaries under
> Cathedral.
>
> --
> Only I can prevent narcissism!

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!

Post a reply to this message

> However, I tried using a merge between a sphere and a cylinder, and it
> didn't work because I could line it up using the wireframes. The sphere
> wirefram appears to be inadaquated- I can't tell where the radius extends
> to. Lutz- Is it possible to patch this, or to re-write the sphere code in
> another distribution? This is a rather annoying little bug.

What you can do, go to menu view-configuration-advanced and change the
wireframe divisions to a value very high, the higher the more accurate you
can
aim. If you know the exact angle, at which the csg is hitting, you can make
in some
cases the division correlating to the angle, which gives you accuracy on the
spot.

steff