POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Plugin idea Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Plugin idea (Message 21 to 28 of 28)
From: Rudy Velthuis
Subject: Re: Plugin idea
Date: 16 Mar 1999 07:56:16
Message: <36ee54f0.0@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp schrieb in Nachricht <36EDDB2A.6C1C618D@Kopp.com>...
>Twyst,
>
>I really like your concept (I've been following this thread for a bit).  I
>think that you'll a bit more powerful of a scripting language, though, in
>order for a plug-in to be able to do anything useful.  Trying to jump all
>the way to javascript (or something like it) would probably be a bit
>difficult (unless there's open source code available to parse and execute
>it already).  Maybe something a bit simpler, but something that is
>designed for growth.

There are a few simple free macro languages on the net. If I could only
remember where I had seen them. One would only have to write a plugin dll
wrapper for them. I also like the concept. This would be like Word-Basic as
it was before Office 97: a simple macro language for Moray.

--
Rudy

Post a reply to this message