POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Plugin idea : Re: Plugin idea Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plugin idea
From: Lue Ebra
Date: 17 Mar 1999 04:07:06
Message: <36ef70ba.0@news.povray.org>
I've been following this thread for a while and have a question for Philippe
Are you suggesting using JS for the macros (afterall, it would be basically
a macro plugin)? While JS has the "advantage" of existing, there it wouldn't
be an ideal language for this specific application. Twyst's original idea
for the macros was a lot simpler and easier to understand for the
"non-programmer". I grew up in the age of COBOL, BASIC, and LOGO.. they had
a certian simplicity that today's languages lack (including JS)
On the upside, it would be a novel non-web based use for what's basically a
web script.
 Lue Ebra
url /say $chan www.triangle.quik.com/lueebra