POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Lens Flare problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  Lens Flare problem (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Simon de Vet
Subject: Lens Flare problem
Date: 22 Dec 1998 19:42:02
Message: <36803C9E.762AEC39@istar.ca>
Tried out the lens flare, first thing. Made a new scene, with a camera,
light, no objects. Made the light visible in the camera's view.

Created a lens flare. Set the camera to my cmaera, and the light to my
light. Rendered.

The poveditor gave me two extensive errors (with lots of FFFFFFFF kinda
things (I can copy these down next time)) and my computer locked up
entirely.

This has happend both times I tried this feature. Ouch.

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Post a reply to this message

> Tried out the lens flare, first thing. Made a new scene, with a camera,
> light, no objects. Made the light visible in the camera's view. Created a
> lens flare. Set the camera to my cmaera, and the light to my light.
> Rendered. The poveditor gave me two extensive errors (with lots of
> FFFFFFFF kinda things (I can copy these down next time)) and my computer
> locked up
> entirely.
> This has happend both times I tried this feature. Ouch.
>
> Simon
> http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

I got the same thing!  For some reason, when the camera was facing away
from the light, I got no errors, but when facing towards it I recieved
erros every time.  Is there a problem with the plug-in or am I doing
something wrong.  I noticed in the PovRay message window it said something
like the look_at Z coordinate was too long.  It looked like
3.43564000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 or
something like that.  What's wrong?

Post a reply to this message

> > Tried out the lens flare, first thing. Made a new scene, with a camera,
> > light, no objects. Made the light visible in the camera's view. Created a
> > lens flare. Set the camera to my cmaera, and the light to my light.
> > Rendered. The poveditor gave me two extensive errors (with lots of
> > FFFFFFFF kinda things (I can copy these down next time)) and my computer
> > locked up
> > entirely.
> > This has happend both times I tried this feature. Ouch.
> >
> > Simon
> > http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet
>
> I got the same thing!  For some reason, when the camera was facing away
> from the light, I got no errors, but when facing towards it I recieved
> erros every time.  Is there a problem with the plug-in or am I doing
> something wrong.  I noticed in the PovRay message window it said something
> like the look_at Z coordinate was too long.  It looked like
> 3.43564000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 or
> something like that.  What's wrong?

Hrm... with the camera away, did you get a flare?

Logically, you shouldn't. Only visible lights should create flares.....

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Post a reply to this message

> > > Tried out the lens flare, first thing. Made a new scene, with a camera,
> > > light, no objects. Made the light visible in the camera's view. Created a
> > > lens flare. Set the camera to my cmaera, and the light to my light.
> > > Rendered. The poveditor gave me two extensive errors (with lots of
> > > FFFFFFFF kinda things (I can copy these down next time)) and my computer
> > > locked up
> > > entirely.
> > > This has happend both times I tried this feature. Ouch.
> > >
> > > Simon
> > > http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet
> >
> > I got the same thing!  For some reason, when the camera was facing away
> > from the light, I got no errors, but when facing towards it I recieved
> > erros every time.  Is there a problem with the plug-in or am I doing
> > something wrong.  I noticed in the PovRay message window it said something
> > like the look_at Z coordinate was too long.  It looked like
> > 3.43564000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 or
> > something like that.  What's wrong?
>
> Hrm... with the camera away, did you get a flare?
>
> Logically, you shouldn't. Only visible lights should create flares.....
>
> Simon
> http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

No, I guess I didn't mention that.  With the camera facing away I didn't get a
lens flare, but I didn't recieve any error messages.  (Like when the camera faces
the light source)  The scene just rendered like usual.

Post a reply to this message

Hi Simon de Vet, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Tried out the lens flare, first thing. Made a new scene, with a camera,
> light, no objects. Made the light visible in the camera's view.
>
> Created a lens flare. Set the camera to my cmaera, and the light to my
> light. Rendered.
>
> The poveditor gave me two extensive errors (with lots of FFFFFFFF kinda
> things (I can copy these down next time)) and my computer locked up
> entirely.
>
> This has happend both times I tried this feature. Ouch.

Argghh! Sorry my mistake. Please get the new lensflare plugin here:

  http://www.stmuc.com/ftp/pub/moray/lensflr.zip

and unzip into the Plugins subdirectory of where you installed Moray.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

Lutz Kretzschmar wrote in message <368### [at] 194174214110>...
<snip>
>Argghh! Sorry my mistake. Please get the new lensflare plugin here:
>
>  http://www.stmuc.com/ftp/pub/moray/lensflr.zip
>
>and unzip into the Plugins subdirectory of where you installed Moray.
>
>- Lutz
>  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

I think you'll have better luck trying to download
http://www.stmuc.com/ftp/pub/moray/lensflar.zip

:)