POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Lens Flare problem : Re: Lens Flare problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens Flare problem
From: Kyle
Date: 22 Dec 1998 20:14:39
Message: <368043B0.5043E9F8@geocities.com>
Simon de Vet wrote:

> Tried out the lens flare, first thing. Made a new scene, with a camera,
> light, no objects. Made the light visible in the camera's view. Created a
> lens flare. Set the camera to my cmaera, and the light to my light.
> Rendered. The poveditor gave me two extensive errors (with lots of
> FFFFFFFF kinda things (I can copy these down next time)) and my computer
> locked up
> entirely.
> This has happend both times I tried this feature. Ouch.
>
> Simon
> http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

I got the same thing!  For some reason, when the camera was facing away
from the light, I got no errors, but when facing towards it I recieved
erros every time.  Is there a problem with the plug-in or am I doing
something wrong.  I noticed in the PovRay message window it said something
like the look_at Z coordinate was too long.  It looked like
3.43564000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 or
something like that.  What's wrong?