POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Texture Proxies Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Texture Proxies (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tony Vigil
Subject: Texture Proxies
Date: 28 Mar 1998 14:25:25
Message: <351D4EA5.36D48067@gte.net>
Why do some textures that I create not have texture proxies?

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: Texture Proxies
Date: 30 Mar 1998 02:42:39
Message: <351f4ae9.2558358@news.stmuc.com>
Hi Tony Vigil, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Why do some textures that I create not have texture proxies?
We currently only put in proxies for textures where there is actually
something to represent (like a bitmap, wood rings, gradients, etc.),
but not for textures that don't have an obvious proxy shape, like
marble, granite, bozo, etc.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  CIS   : 100023,2006
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Tony Vigil
Date: 30 Mar 1998 18:54:34
Message: <352030B9.FA6DA5F0@gte.net>
Perhaps a box-shaped proxy in the future???

Also - Do you ever plan to let the user access different waveforms for
textures (i.e. sine_wave, scallop_wave, etc.)?

Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Tony Vigil, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Why do some textures that I create not have texture proxies?
> We currently only put in proxies for textures where there is actually
> something to represent (like a bitmap, wood rings, gradients, etc.),
> but not for textures that don't have an obvious proxy shape, like
> marble, granite, bozo, etc.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   CIS   : 100023,2006
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark King
Date: 31 Mar 1998 01:44:26
Message: <352082BA.3D414C2@compuserve.com>
You can already access different waveforms. You have to add a noise
modifier to the texture. You change it from there.