POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : math question (functions) : math question (functions) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  math question (functions)
From: Matthew Pace
Date: 1 Sep 2003 21:56:35
Message: <matt-pace-731613.18563101092003@netplex.aussie.org>
ok, first of all, hi, semi-new poster here.  I recently got graph^3 for
my TI-83+, meaning i can spend more time playing around with functions
during my classes, but i have some trouble.  im not too much of a math
guy, and i want to know how to convert a z=... function to a function
that POV would understand.  can i just subtract a z from each side and
have the function equal 0?  is that the way pov works it out?  im afraid
i dont understand too much of the way POV does the math, so im at a loss
here, and algebra wasnt my greatest subject (enjoyed geometry and trig
tho,)  also, how would i make the sine of z in a z=... function, would
it be z=arcsin(...) ?

thanks in advance for any help,
matt