POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangle thieves on my harddrive? : Re: Triangle thieves on my harddrive? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triangle thieves on my harddrive?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 24 Feb 2000 05:07:30
Message: <mQG1ONjWfLf4AGD53qdanv+J4qIi@4ax.com>
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:44:51 -0500, Charles Fusner <cfu### [at] enternet>
wrote:

>Oddly, Rhino
>couldn't care less, and both its shader and render modes show
>a solid object, so I'm guessing it has something to do with what
>manner of shaded preview is used by the package in question.

I can't help you much on the other issues but have you tried this in
Rhino?

Render -> Options -> Render Tab -> Backface checkbox

As of fixing the normals, try exporting to non-smoothed triangles and
give the John's SSS (Surface Subdivision Suite) a try.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700