POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Ray help site : Re: POV-Ray help site Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray help site
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 May 2000 05:15:03
Message: <lpc7isg25v4pa3gnrsjun348lo4jtk672q@4ax.com>
On 17 May 2000 20:40:53 -0400, "Doug Eichenberg" <dou### [at] nlsnet>
wrote:

>I'm considering the possibility of creating a POV-Ray help site and I want
>to get some feedback.  Basically, what I have in mind is a website with the
>following:
>
>1. All the text from the newsgroups.

This could pose copyright problems. Also, the text in these newsgroups
is well over a hundred megabytes, where are you going to host that?

>2. All the tutorial text that's floating around on the net.
>3. All the example code floating around on the net.

With all due respect, Sir, I don't think it's a task for one man. I
might be wrong, though, as I am judging by myself :)

>4. A search function that accesses all of the above.

That should be the easiest part once you've done the rest, but the
most vital as well.

>5. Any good ideas that other people have.

Gimme a few days to think and we'll see :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet