POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : will povray work on linux? : Re: will povray work on linux? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: will povray work on linux?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 27 Sep 1999 08:40:23
Message: <kGXvNzq7oBWb7SM4JEVLryekjvGN@4ax.com>
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:37:54 +0300, "Eitan Tal" <eit### [at] netvisionnetil>
wrote:

>don't fight! piratisim is really lame, but when it comes to
>bill gates... we must do all we can to kill him!

  You might devote your energy into something more constructive than
promoting software piracy, Eitan.

  Piracy is stealing, plain and simple. If someone we know gives us a copy
of software that is for another end-user then we both become thieves. Resist
the temptation to do so. Don't use the excuse that you are battling
Microsoft because that's no reason at all for stealing. This is all part of
growing up.

  Piracy achieves one goal - it makes legitimate software buyers like the
rest of us, pay more for the software in the long run. We end up subsidizing
those who steal.

--
Alan