POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Equal spacing along curve : Re: Equal spacing along curve Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Equal spacing along curve
Date: 15 Feb 2000 09:21:08
Message: <k8e900mfsx5.fsf@jeeves.stud.ntnu.no>
Sigmund Kyrre Aas <as### [at] studntnuno> writes:

>         %arc=arc+vlength(<X, p(X), Z(X)> - <Xn,p(Xn),Z(Xn)>);
>         #if (arc>d)
> 	    object {Thing_to_place_on_curve}
>             %arc=0;
>         #end

Ok, a better one would be:

	object { Thing translate (arc-d)*vnormalize(dfdt) }

This is actually good enough for my purpose, but I still have
problems.. As the name "eigth" implies this is only one eigth of the whole
function, the rest beeing symmetrical, so this curve has to behave at the
endpoints.

btw I have to put aside all hobbies for a while, cause I'm lagging
terribly behind at school. :-/ But please, keep those good suggestions
pouring in and I'll look at it when I'm more on top of things here..

--
Sigmund Kyrre Aas