POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Leonardo Server Time
17 May 2024 06:36:49 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...Leonardo (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Renderdog
Subject: Old Technology...Leonardo
Date: 8 Apr 2003 10:40:04
Message: <web.3e92deb5e0cf7ebe7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
The separate elements in this image are all well modeled and lit, but they
don't seem to come together as a cohesive whole. That is, of course, a very
subjective judgement.

The image is dark, but maybe realistic with the filtered sunlight from the
window (which looks great). I would think the floor would be brighter where
lit by the sunlight, and an up light "reflecting" off the floor might light
the bottom of the boat. The subtle lighting in other areas is very good,
especially on the ladder and pulley.

Everything seems very clean, but then it has just been freshly swept!

I've also admired Leonardo da Vinci since I was a child. As an artist and an
inventor, he was an incredible man. Someone reported in the comments file
that Leonardo wrote backwards because he was dyslexic, but that was not the
case. Dyslexics do not write full words backwards, but jumble individual
charatcers.

Post a reply to this message