POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...modern times Server Time
17 May 2024 03:36:21 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...modern times (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Renderdog
Subject: Old Technology...modern times
Date: 2 Apr 2003 09:40:14
Message: <web.3e8af5197374512a7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
Placing fifth overall, this image also won honorable mention for "Concept,
Originality, Interpretation of Theme."

I'm afraid I have to take back what I wrote in the comments file, "so many
similarly colored shiny objects overpowers the image a bit." What I
considered a weakness I now feel is the image's strongest feature (good
evidence not to take my comments too seriously).

The gears are beautiful; I can almost see them moving and hear the ticking
and grinding. The camera body is possibly too reflective, and the darker
objects are a little flat, but I don't know what the actual hardware looks
like. And my prejudice against flat textures probably led me astray in the
first place.

Great perspective and staging, and a wonderful concept.

Post a reply to this message