POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : taking stock Server Time
17 May 2024 07:52:58 EDT (-0400)
  taking stock (Message 1 to 10 of 30)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: taking stock
Date: 10 Apr 2003 12:05:48
Message: <3e95965c@news.povray.org>
Hey Mark,

We have reached approximately the halfway mark in the number of pieces
that you planned to discuss.  I feel an obligation to finish the job
since the artists were notified, but with just the two of us
contributing it is kind of a marathon.  I'm not sure if the nature of my
input is to blame but participation seems to be dwindling.  Do you think
persistence is the answer?  I have long noticed the reluctance to
discuss the work on the level of meaning in these groups or for that
matter in the cg phenomenon at large.  So I very much welcomed your idea
to host more open discussion. I thought it quite important to the
progress of the enterprize, to advance raytracing as an art, to discuss
the work not just technically but in relation to its content.  It is
like it helps complete the cycle, having the art received and discussed,
and should produce a richer context within which the community can
produce more work.  But maybe not.  Your thoughts?

-Jim

Post a reply to this message