POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : The countdown starts here .... Server Time
17 May 2024 08:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  The countdown starts here .... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Doctor John
Subject: The countdown starts here ....
Date: 19 Feb 2003 10:27:42
Message: <3e53a26e$1@news.povray.org>
Just under 10 days to go ....

..... and no, I'm nowhere near ready to submit :-(

John
--
Run Fast
Run Free

Post a reply to this message

From: Slashdolt
Subject: Re: The countdown starts here ....
Date: 19 Feb 2003 11:02:30
Message: <3e53aa96$1@news.povray.org>
Since this is my first entry, and likely to be my only entry for awhile, I'm
trying to get it right.

I've had a "submittable" scene for a couple weeks, but I still don't have
everything added to it yet, and I probably never will get everything added
that would be nice.  At this point I'm paring off the less significant
ideas, and improving on the existing ones, mainly textures.  I've still got
more texture work that NEEDS to be done, though.

My test renders, using lower radiosity and other lower settings, appears to
be taking around 16 hours now (Athlon 1800+, 512MB) since the addition of
several trees.  So I'm setting aside all of next week for the final render.
That should give me a couple tries, at least.

I'm really glad that after Feb 28th, it WILL be done, whether I like it or
not.  I could see myself tweaking the scene for the rest of my life
otherwise.  I  will have put somewhere between 100 and 120 hours into this
by the time it's over (not including render times).  I'm sure others could
have done it in far less time, though, as most of my time was spent learning
and experimenting.

--
Slash

"Doctor John" <jgu### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
> Just under 10 days to go ....
>

> ..... and no, I'm nowhere near ready to submit :-(
>
> John
> --
> Run Fast
> Run Free
> Run Linux

Post a reply to this message

>I'm really glad that after Feb 28th, it WILL be done, whether I like it or
>not.  I could see myself tweaking the scene for the rest of my life
>otherwise.  I  will have put somewhere between 100 and 120 hours into this
>by the time it's over (not including render times).  I'm sure others could
>have done it in far less time, though, as most of my time was spent learning
>and experimenting.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the images, relaxing here with my feet up
and no deadline on my back...

Seriously, while it's hectic, the deadline does inspire us to work hard (as
you two obviously have). I'm sure it will be worth it in the end; learning
and creating is rewarding by itself, but you'll also have something very
nice to show for all that hard work.

-Mark

Post a reply to this message