POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : The countdown starts here .... : Re: The countdown starts here .... Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The countdown starts here ....
From: gonzo
Date: 19 Feb 2003 15:35:27
Message: <web.3e53e9ea67c6575aa0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Slashdolt wrote:
>I've had a "submittable" scene for a couple weeks, but I still don't have
>everything added to it yet, and I probably never will get everything added
>that would be nice.  At this point I'm paring off the less significant
>ideas, and improving on the existing ones, mainly textures.  I've still got
>more texture work that NEEDS to be done, though.

Same here... the modeling isn't complete, I've just gotten things to where
they're 'presentable' but definitely not 'finished', and that's probably
where they'll stay... I'm now focusing on getting the overall scene
presentable and hoping that decent composition and lighting will make up
for the modeling defects.

>I could see myself tweaking the scene for the rest of my life
>otherwise.  I  will have put somewhere between 100 and 120 hours into this
>by the time it's over (not including render times).

Yeah, POV has waaaay too many distractions! I'm making my first attempts at
using media, which is consuming a lot of test time, and still not giving
exactly what I wanted.

> as most of my time was spent learning and experimenting.

There's the payoff, you learn so much. :)  But that experimenting I can see
going on forever!

RG - so much to POV, so little time