POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Unscientific IRTC participation poll Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Unscientific IRTC participation poll (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Unscientific IRTC participation poll
Date: 17 Jun 2009 13:40:00
Message: <web.4a392a33c00021a85627c70@news.povray.org>
Given the lively participation in discussions on the subject, one might tend to
surmise that there will be a fairly high level of participation in the current
"Test Round" of the newly reborn IRTC. I have, however, noticed that there are
presently no submissions.  I suspect that this is because most folks, like
myself, are planning to use most or all of the available time to work on the
image.

Has anyone attempted a submission?  Who out there is pretty sure that they'll be
submitting an entry?  Any interesting thoughts about dealing with the wide open
"topic" for the test round?  Is the return of the IRTC being publicized on
other 3D / ray tracing forums?  Do the IRTC admins (if you should happen to
read this) want folks to work to spread the word, or is this something that you
prefer to handle yourselves?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Best Regards,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message

I'm probably going to submit an old image at the last minute. I was going to
work on some kind of resurrection/zombie themed thing but I don't really
have time.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

"Mike the Elder" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> Given the lively participation in discussions on the subject, one might
> tend to
> surmise that there will be a fairly high level of participation in the
> current
> "Test Round" of the newly reborn IRTC. I have, however, noticed that there
> are
> presently no submissions.  I suspect that this is because most folks, like
> myself, are planning to use most or all of the available time to work on
> the
> image.
>
> Has anyone attempted a submission?  Who out there is pretty sure that
> they'll be
> submitting an entry?  Any interesting thoughts about dealing with the wide
> open
> "topic" for the test round?  Is the return of the IRTC being publicized on
> other 3D / ray tracing forums?  Do the IRTC admins (if you should happen
> read this) want folks to work to spread the word, or is this something
> that you
> prefer to handle yourselves?
>
> Thanks in advance for all replies.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike C.

Post a reply to this message

> Given the lively participation in discussions on the subject, one might tend to
> surmise that there will be a fairly high level of participation in the current
> "Test Round" of the newly reborn IRTC. I have, however, noticed that there are
> presently no submissions.  I suspect that this is because most folks, like
> myself, are planning to use most or all of the available time to work on the
> image.

There already *are* submissions. You just don't see them yet, because until the
deadline you will only see your own submissions. (Well, you *can* see the
others if you know how, due to a bug they haven't fixed yet. At the moment
there seem to be six submissions. None from you though, as it seems :P)

Post a reply to this message

> Given the lively participation in discussions on the subject, one might tend to
> surmise that there will be a fairly high level of participation in the current
> "Test Round" of the newly reborn IRTC. I have, however, noticed that there are
> presently no submissions.  I suspect that this is because most folks, like
> myself, are planning to use most or all of the available time to work on the
> image.

   Wait ...is the "Test Round" a real first round, in which "Test" is the
current topic? Then Samuel Benge is going to win for sure! ;)

   Seriously now, I did submit a test image I had laying around, but it
wasn't specifically done for the IRTC, because I think this is just a "fake"
round just to test things out (and will be surely deleted later, when the
IRTC starts for real).

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

> > Given the lively participation in discussions on the subject, one might tend to
> > surmise that there will be a fairly high level of participation in the current
> > "Test Round" of the newly reborn IRTC. I have, however, noticed that there are
> > presently no submissions.  I suspect that this is because most folks, like
> > myself, are planning to use most or all of the available time to work on the
> > image.
>
> There already *are* submissions. You just don't see them yet, because until the
> deadline you will only see your own submissions. (Well, you *can* see the
> others if you know how, due to a bug they haven't fixed yet. At the moment
> there seem to be six submissions. None from you though, as it seems :P)

Thanks for the info.  Perhaps a good tweak for the site would be for the Current
Round page to say something like "Submissions can be viewed after the mm/dd/yy
submission deadline." instead of saying that there are no submissions.

Look for my entry near the very last minute (as usual) ;-)

Best Regards,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message

> Has anyone attempted a submission?  Who out there is pretty sure that they'll be
> submitting an entry?

you guys had any luck recovering yours?

in before the end of the month.

Hildur

Post a reply to this message

I made a submission.  It is difficult to know it it worked.

Post a reply to this message

> Given the lively participation in discussions on the subject, one might tend to
> surmise that there will be a fairly high level of participation in the current
> "Test Round" of the newly reborn IRTC. I have, however, noticed that there are
> presently no submissions.  I suspect that this is because most folks, like
> myself, are planning to use most or all of the available time to work on the
> image.
>
> Has anyone attempted a submission?  Who out there is pretty sure that they'll be
> submitting an entry?  Any interesting thoughts about dealing with the wide open
> "topic" for the test round?  Is the return of the IRTC being publicized on
> other 3D / ray tracing forums?  Do the IRTC admins (if you should happen to
> read this) want folks to work to spread the word, or is this something that you
> prefer to handle yourselves?
>
> Thanks in advance for all replies.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike C.

I ve tried to upload a previous image, you know just to publish it. It seems to
e some problems, because i only got te answer "no thumbnail sent" or something
like that, so i couldn't pass it.

I hope it is goint to get fixed, it would be good.

Post a reply to this message