POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Unscientific IRTC participation poll : Re: Unscientific IRTC participation poll Server Time
6 May 2024 16:35:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unscientific IRTC participation poll
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 19 Jun 2009 10:25:01
Message: <web.4a3b9a5b2b8fc39285627c70@news.povray.org>
"Dorlindel" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I ve tried to upload a previous image, you know just to publish it. It seems to
> e some problems, because i only got te answer "no thumbnail sent" or something
> like that, so i couldn't pass it.
>
> I hope it is goint to get fixed, it would be good.

I haven't submitted an image myself yet, so this is a surmise based on
observation rather than a hard fact, but it seems to be that there is a
"browsing box" on the upload page that one can use to upload one's own
thumbnail image that is 75 pixels high.  I'm going to guess that the
informational message that your submission did not include a thumbnail does not
automatically imply that the entire submission was rejected.  Again, this is not
a hard fact.  Information on this subject from those who do know for certain
would be most welcome. It's not really clear what happens when one does not
submit a thumbnail.  Will one be generated?  Will a default image be used?
Does the thumbnail submitted by the entrant need to be a re-sized version of
the entire image or can a "detail" image be used?

Just in case anyone reading this might be in need of a freeware resource for
generating a thumbnail image, "Irfanview" is easy to find with just about any
search engine and offers both ease of use and a relatively high degree of
control over the resizing process.

Best Regards,
Mike C.