POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Minimum Entry Requirements Server Time
17 May 2024 05:52:06 EDT (-0400)
  Minimum Entry Requirements (Message 37 to 46 of 56)
From: Hildur K
Subject: Re: Minimum Entry Requirements
Date: 17 Jun 2009 13:35:00
Message: <web.4a39282a64396b4f421830f90@news.povray.org>
> "Hildur K." <hil### [at] 3dcafemailevery1net> wrote:

> > algorithm really is. Can I put it on my pasta?
>
> Not a good idea. You might end up with...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_programming
>
> ;-)

Great! :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Date: 17 Jun 2009 14:13:30
Message: <4a39324a$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote in message
> I must admit that if the main(?) focus of the IRTC is the technical focus,
> then I sadly loose interest. I thought that the IRTC was a platform to
> create (and show) beautiful images through ray-tracing, whatever the
> technical background.

I quite agree, I wasn't trying to argue for a more technical focus, I was
just pointing out that the unique combination of rules (which are mostly
technical in nature) is the reason the IRTC has attracted it's particular
fan-base, and that any change (towards less rules, or for that matter more
rules) will make it something us IRTC devotees are less interested in.

Now, if at some future point the IRTC community were to be dwindling and the
project seemed like it was only appealing to an ever smaller group of
fanatics, then perhaps some adjustment would be justified. But I think this
new IRTC should be given a fair chance before anyone goes changing the
rules.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com