POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Minimum Entry Requirements : Re: Minimum Entry Requirements Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Entry Requirements
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 18 Jun 2009 03:45:00
Message: <web.4a39ef7164396b4f6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
> Maybe the IRTC should allow tagging a submission as "purist".
> That would be restricted to images created using an officially
> released version of a raytracer, using pure code, no modeller,
> no external data files, no image maps, no multipass renders, and
> of course absolutely no post-processing except jpg conversion.
> Source code would be mandatory for purist images and the highest
> ranking purist image gets an honorable mention ;)

Now that's an idea I like! I too have always been most enthused by the idea of
'pure' code generating a beautiful image, and I often design scenes with this
philosophy. (I wonder, could my meshrelief macros be used to generate .inc
files for this scenario? It is a multi-parse, if not a multi-pass render...)

I don't necessarily think this idea should be implemented, but I like it ;-)