POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Minimum Entry Requirements : Re: Minimum Entry Requirements Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:40:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Entry Requirements
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 17 Jun 2009 17:54:45
Message: <4a396625$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Yes. It's the direct output of the rendering software, not the direct
> output of Photoshop or Gimp.

Hmm, suppose someone patches the graphics windows of POV-Ray
so you can do editing there like you could in Gimp ... would it
be output from rendering software? If not, in what way would
it be different from implementing a post-processing step
which is inherently 2d such as the above AA algorithm?

Sorry can't help playing devils advocate here ;)

I agree that not all post-processing should be allowed, and I
couldn't get decent results out of a 2d paint program anyway.
It just feels to me that the criterion "was touched with
photoshop" = "bad" and "direct result of rendering software
which also supports 3d" = "good" may be too simple.