POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Site Update Server Time
2 May 2024 21:09:17 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC Site Update (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: David Buck
Subject: IRTC Site Update
Date: 16 Sep 2008 09:24:00
Message: <48cfb370$1@news.povray.org>
I hate going dark when I told people I'd be delivering things.  Here's
the latest status on the IRTC site.

I have a version working but Chris Cason has requested (and reasonably
so) that the URL's for the site be bookmarkable and Google indexable
until you login with a userid and password. Seaside's default is the
opposite - it puts a session id and a page id into the URL and session
id's time out after a while.

While there's work going on in the next version of Seaside to make it
easier to make pages bookmarkable, it's currently a bit of a pain.  I
know the technique and I have the first few pages working with no funny
business in the URL, but it will take a bit of time to complete.

On top of that, I've been given a high priority project which will take
all of my spare time until the end of September, so I won't be able to
get back to it until October.

I'll keep you informed on how things are going as they proceed.

David Buck

Post a reply to this message

> I'll keep you informed on how things are going as they proceed.

It's been said before, but large thanks for your work. I'm sure I'm only
one of many looking forward to the Reborn IRTC.

Post a reply to this message