POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC Site Update : IRTC Site Update Server Time
17 May 2024 16:39:09 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC Site Update
From: David Buck
Date: 16 Sep 2008 09:24:00
Message: <48cfb370$1@news.povray.org>
I hate going dark when I told people I'd be delivering things.  Here's
the latest status on the IRTC site.

I have a version working but Chris Cason has requested (and reasonably
so) that the URL's for the site be bookmarkable and Google indexable
until you login with a userid and password. Seaside's default is the
opposite - it puts a session id and a page id into the URL and session
id's time out after a while.

While there's work going on in the next version of Seaside to make it
easier to make pages bookmarkable, it's currently a bit of a pain.  I
know the technique and I have the first few pages working with no funny
business in the URL, but it will take a bit of time to complete.

On top of that, I've been given a high priority project which will take
all of my spare time until the end of September, so I won't be able to
get back to it until October.

I'll keep you informed on how things are going as they proceed.

David Buck