POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Is it just me.. Server Time
17 May 2024 03:36:10 EDT (-0400)
  Is it just me.. (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: Derrick J Houy
Subject: Re: Is it just me..
Date: 10 May 2005 08:45:18
Message: <4280acde@news.povray.org>
Okay, enough is enough, and I don't want to make enemies or cause any
further upset. If you didn't mean anything personal, then fine, I apologise.
(I had this at the bottom of the mail, but figured you may not read that
far--and this is the most important part I wanted to say)

----

Firstly Loki, thank you for the constructive feedback. The image looked
better on my monitor than on others (on some you cannot even see the
sail boat in the background), so I have a lot to learn about getting the
lighting right, so it looks good on all monitors. Your feedback will be
very helpful to me.

Secondly, my blood pressure soared because, if this statement from your
last email is true:

 >  At no point,
 > Derrick, did I suggest that I even know which picture was made by you
 > personally.  I still don't.

then this statement from your first email does not make sense to me:

 > but looking at the entries for the past few rounds I have seen
 > little truly deserving of the top places.

And I found the following statement, in response to my complaint, just
plain hurtful (if you hadn't meant anything personal, I do not
understand you saying this, in direct response to something that had
clearly become personal):

 > > Generalisations like, "...I have seen little truly deserving of the
 > > top places.", is just plain upsetting.

 > The truth hurts sometimes.

Post a reply to this message