POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Is it just me.. : Re: Is it just me.. Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it just me..
From: Derrick J Houy
Date: 10 May 2005 10:35:40
Message: <4280c6bc@news.povray.org>
Thanks Loki, there's a lot of very useful information there. I actually
spent fairly little time modelling, but battled for days and days to
fiddle with textures, lighting and camera position--all of which I
totally redid countless times. Mostly I was poking around in the dark,
with a little gut-feel here and there, interspersed with the occasional
tid-bit of useful information that I could find. I sacrificed detail to
play with textures and lighting, both of which I am fairly clueless about.

The libraries where I live have limited good information on photography
and such, and the cost of importing good books on the subject is
prohibitive, so thank you again for the great input; which shall be duly
filed in my growing library of useful information.