POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : So last night the IRTC server would not respond? Server Time
2 May 2024 21:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  So last night the IRTC server would not respond? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: =Bob=
Subject: So last night the IRTC server would not respond?
Date: 1 Nov 2004 08:40:15
Message: <41863cbf@news.povray.org>
So will the deadline be extended? I tried to connect
to the website and to the ftp site and both were dead
from about 7:30PM until I gave up at about 10:30 PM
(Pacific). Pretty sad to work so hard on something and
not be able to enter because of some glitch like that.
=Bob=

Post a reply to this message

<robertUNDERSCOREdobbinsATmailDOTtdsDOTnet> wrote:

> So will the deadline be extended? I tried to connect
> to the website and to the ftp site and both were dead
> from about 7:30PM until I gave up at about 10:30 PM
> (Pacific). Pretty sad to work so hard on something and
> not be able to enter because of some glitch like that.
> =Bob=

Are you certain it was not just a local connection problem?  You made a post
in irtc.stills at the same time, and as povray.org is on the same server,
the server apparently was available as you could post in these newsgroups
... either way, afaik you stand a better chance of discussing this on the
IRTC mailing lists.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

: <robertUNDERSCOREdobbinsATmailDOTtdsDOTnet> wrote:
:
: > So will the deadline be extended? I tried to connect
: > to the website and to the ftp site and both were dead
: > from about 7:30PM until I gave up at about 10:30 PM
: > (Pacific). Pretty sad to work so hard on something and
: > not be able to enter because of some glitch like that.
: > =Bob=
:
: Are you certain it was not just a local connection problem?  You made a post
: in irtc.stills at the same time, and as povray.org is on the same server,

It was really flaky. I could read some newsgroups, but some
were dead, povray.general being one I could not access.

: the server apparently was available as you could post in these newsgroups
: ... either way, afaik you stand a better chance of discussing this on the
: IRTC mailing lists.

I do not subscribe. I figured my picture would not be allowed to
be uploaded late, even with the circumstances. Just the way things
go for me.
=Bob=

Post a reply to this message